Fill level and cap control
miho Newton Optics 3
Optical inspection device after the filler and seamer to check for correct fill level and closure (slanted, not rolled on).
Suitable for glass or PET bottles as well as for plastic containers food or homecare.
Precise control of the fill level even with foaming products such as wheat beer.
To measure the fill level for any underfilling and overfilling and to inspect the cap of bottles using the optical method.
State-of-the-art camera and lighting technology that uses multi-optical axes (offset by 90°/ 270° coverage) and variable lighting.
Up to six images per bottle can be created and evaluated according to many different criteria by the image processing system miho VIDIOS®.
The inspection head can be adjusted by using the handwheel height adjustment. The point of installation is normally at the outfeed of the filler.
- Fill level inspection: inspects the fill level for any underfilling and overfilling in transparent, cloudy/non-transparent and foaming liquids, provided that the fill level is not obscured by a label. Lighting through the reflected and/or transmitted light method.
- Cap: inspection of the cap for exact fit (slanted position/ depth that it is screwed on) and bullnoses. Inspection for damage to the safety ring in metal and plastic screw caps.
- Non-roll-on check for metal screw caps with a circumferential defect of > 120°.
- Expiry date (on the side of the cap): checks for the presence of an expiry date on the side of the cap. Here, the expiry date must be on the side facing the camera
- Detection of nitrogen fog: directly after filler and capper
- A series fault detection is implemented.
Not suitable for opaque containers and for bottles with labels in the fill level area.