Fill level and cap control
miho Newton Optics 3
To measure the fill level for any underfilling and overfilling and to inspect the cap of bottles using the optical method.
State-of-the-art camera and lighting technology that uses multi-optical axes (offset by 90°/ 270° coverage) and variable lighting.
Up to six images per bottle can be created and evaluated according to many different criteria by the image processing system miho VIDIOS®.
The inspection head can be adjusted by using the handwheel height adjustment. The point of installation is normally at the outfeed of the filler.
- Fill level inspection: inspects the fill level for any underfilling and overfilling in transparent, cloudy/non-transparent and foaming liquids, provided that the fill level is not obscured by a label. Lighting through the reflected and/or transmitted light method.
- Cap: inspection of the cap for exact fit (slanted position/ depth that it is screwed on) and bullnoses. Inspection for damage to the safety ring in metal and plastic screw caps.
- Non-roll-on check for metal screw caps with a circumferential defect of > 120°.
- Expiry date (on the side of the cap): checks for the presence of an expiry date on the side of the cap. Here, the expiry date must be on the side facing the camera
- Detection of nitrogen fog: directly after filler and capper
- A series fault detection is implemented.
Not suitable for opaque containers and for bottles with labels in the fill level area.