miho is a global, medium-sized company and has been one of the leading providers of inspection technology in the beverage filling industry and return logistics for over 45 years thanks to a series of pioneering innovations: the first sidewall inspection unit with phototransistors, 90° bottle-rotation, the continuous use of maintenance-friendly LEDs – all groundbreaking innovations from miho!
The key framework of our work is the trustworthy and direct communication with our customers. Devoting all our energy to develop optimal solutions every day for both big and small challenges is only possible on the basis of an open and reliable cooperation. This has already continued for the last 45 years and forms the backbone of our optimism. And with all our efforts we want to become even better.
- 1977 Founded by Dipl. Ing. Michael Horst
- 1977 Development of the HF residual liquid inspection unit
- 1980 Sidewall inspection using phototransistors
- 1983 Fill level inspection unit via HF measurement technology
- 1983 New company member Dipl.-Ing. Jürgen Garbe, Technical Director
- 1988 Sidewall inspection via CCD camera
- 1992 Dual sidewall inspection with 90° coverage
- 1994 Development of the empty bottle inspector miho David
- 1997 Founding of miho China
- 2000 Development of the conveyor control system miho Pascal
- 2006 Founding of miho Nigeria
- 2008 Development of the empty bottle inspector miho David 2
- 2014 Development of the 360° fully equipped bottle inspection unit miho Allround
- 2014 New company member Dr.-Ing. Markus Grumann, Managing Director
- 2015 Development of the David 2 system upgrades OpAL, FSI, RFID
- 2016 David 2 system upgrades, especially for PET bottles
- 2017 David 2 outer seam edge inspection, clapper inspection
- 2017 Launch of the miho Gauss family – empty crate inspection, packing inspection unit, full crate inspection unit
- 2018 Product launch of miho EC-CAM as a camera-based label inspection system based on VIDIOS_SC.
- 2019 David 2 system expansion Chipped Base Detection (CBD) to detect external base chipping
- 2020 Newton Optics 3 comes into use, with many additional functions, such as non-roll-on inspection for closures.
Despite Corona a successful year for miho – only we miss the direct exchange with our customers.
- 2022 The miho TOP-Cam optical control equipment is developed.